The WMHS Auxiliary functions as ambassadors, hospital volunteers, fundraisers, and public relations for UPMC Western Maryland and is an active member of the Maryland Association of Hospital Auxiliaries. Founded in 2004 through the consolidation of the Memorial and Sacred Heart Hospital Auxiliaries, today’s WMHS Auxiliary is comprised of more than 150 men and women who offer their dues and service to promote the advancement of superior healthcare for our region. Keep up with the WMHS Auxiliary on Facebook or click here for a brochure on how to join this vital organization. Biennial dues are billed in August through September, and a new directory is published in October every other year.
- Snow Ball planning for the largest fundraiser on our calendar, an elegant black tie affair
- One Dream Gift Shop – a not-for-profit organization sponsored by the WMHS Auxiliary and staffed by UPMC Western Maryland volunteers. All proceeds benefit the hospital projects by purchasing equipment and other items
- Past Perfect Bargain Boutique – boutique-style shopping at bargain basement prices
- Scholarships – stay tuned for the 2022-2023 academic year applications.
- Specialty Sales, including handbags, books, uniforms, and more!
- Employee appreciation events twice annually
Emergency Services Fund
Through our Past Perfect revenues, the WMHS Auxiliary has an emergency services fund to be able to deliver funding quickly and efficiently to hospital staff, patients and members of the community and to purchase vital equipment that supports advanced care in the emergency department.
The WMHS Auxiliary offers five $2,000 scholarships for students accepted or enrolled in a health care curriculum. Applications will be received for the 2022-2023 academic year beginning in December 2021 and will be due by April 2022. Watch for a link to the updated scholarship page.
Auxiliary members are proud to honor their rich history and continue the tradition of supporting UPMC Western Maryland that spans over a century.
Officers for the 2021-2023 term are:
Kim Kremer, President
Julie Westendorff, President Elect
Dani Rossi, Vice President
Sharon Livengood, Treasurer
LouAnn Reckley, Recording Secretary
Julie Davis, Immediate Past President