The WMHS Auxiliary functions as ambassadors, hospital volunteers, fundraisers, and public relations for UPMC Western Maryland and is an active member of the Maryland Association of Hospital Auxiliaries. Founded in 2004 through the consolidation of the Memorial and Sacred Heart Hospital Auxiliaries, today’s WMHS Auxiliary is comprised of nearly 200 men and women who offer their dues and service to promote the advancement of superior healthcare for our region. Keep up with the WMHS Auxiliary on Facebook or click here for a brochure on how to join this vital organization.
- Snow Ball planning for the largest fundraiser on our calendar, an elegant black tie affair
- One Dream Gift Shop – a not-for-profit organization sponsored by the WMHS Auxiliary and staffed by UPMC Western Maryland volunteers. All proceeds benefit the hospital projects by purchasing equipment and other items
- Past Perfect “A Bargain Boutique” – boutique-style shopping at bargain basement prices
- Scholarships – now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 season. Learn More!
- Specialty Sales, including handbags, books, uniforms, and more!
- Employee appreciation events twice annually
Emergency Services Fund
Through our Past Perfect revenues, the WMHS Auxiliary has an emergency services fund to be able to deliver funding quickly and efficiently to hospital staff, patients and members of the community and to purchase vital equipment that supports advanced care in the emergency department.
The WMHS Auxiliary offers five $2,000 scholarships for students accepted or enrolled in a health care curriculum.
Auxiliary members are proud to honor their rich history and continue the tradition of supporting UPMC Western Maryland that spans over a century.
Officers for the 2019-2020 term are:
Julie Davis, President
Kim Kremer, President Elect
Sharon Livengood, Treasurer
LouAnn Reckley, Recording Secretary
Sherry Schmitt, Immediate Past President