Applications are now being accepted for the WMHS Foundation Scholarships, through May 27, 2022. Full applications with attachments must be postmarked by 4:00 PM or sent via email to email@example.com on Friday, May 27, 2022. Click on the application links below for a full list of required attachments. Applications are also being accepted year round for the Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness Health Care Scholarship.
To learn more about each scholarship fund and its requirements, click on our brochure.
“Our scholarship programs demonstrate the Foundation’s commitment to ensuring quality healthcare services for our community,” says Karen Johnson, chief development officer for UPMC Western Maryland. “Since the inception of the scholarship program in 2001, our students have received more than one million dollars in scholarship support. Ultimately, the return on investment these scholars bring to our system advances our quality of care as it advances their professional careers.”
Full applications are due on Friday, May 26, 2023, or June 30, 2023 for the Powell scholarship. Additionally, the Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness scholarship accepts applications year round. Full applications must be postmarked by the due date or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm. Winners will be notified by June 30, 2023. Click on each scholarship for an application to download.
The following scholarships are available through the WMHS Foundation and WMHS Auxiliary:
- Nursing Excellence Scholarship, for UPMC WMD employees not currently working as an RN or CNA who are accepted into a Registered Nursing program
- Community Healthcare Scholarship, available to residents of the UPMC Western Maryland service area pursuing a degree in a healthcare occupation
- Employee/Family Scholarship, for UPMC WMD employees, retirees, and immediate family members currently accepted in a healthcare curriculum
- Nancy D. Adams Nursing Leadership Scholarship, for employees in their junior year of college or above, seeking a BS or higher in Nursing or Business Administration
- Medical Staff Scholarship, available to employees currently working in an ancillary position who are seeking a degree to provide direct patient care
- Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness Health Care Scholarship, for employees training under a certified program in complementary and alternative medicine. For more information, contact Amanda Morris at email@example.com.
- Sophia E. Powell Nursing Scholarship, for BSNs who have been accepted into a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner program. Please contact Lisa Hout for more information on this scholarship – firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-964-8100.
- WMHS Auxiliary Scholarship Application (Application closed)