Full applications are due on Friday, May 26, 2023, or June 30, 2023 for the Powell scholarship. Additionally, the Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness scholarship accepts applications year round. Full applications must be postmarked by the due date or emailed to email@example.com by 4 pm. Winners will be notified by June 30, 2023. Click on each scholarship for an application to download.
The following scholarships are available through the WMHS Foundation and WMHS Auxiliary:
- Nursing Excellence Scholarship, for UPMC WMD employees not currently working as an RN or CNA who are accepted into a Registered Nursing program
- Community Healthcare Scholarship, available to residents of the UPMC Western Maryland service area pursuing a degree in a healthcare occupation
- Employee/Family Scholarship, for UPMC WMD employees, retirees, and immediate family members currently accepted in a healthcare curriculum
- Nancy D. Adams Nursing Leadership Scholarship, for employees in their junior year of college or above, seeking a BS or higher in Nursing or Business Administration
- Medical Staff Scholarship, available to employees currently working in an ancillary position who are seeking a degree to provide direct patient care
- Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness Health Care Scholarship, for employees training under a certified program in complementary and alternative medicine. For more information, contact Amanda Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sophia E. Powell Nursing Scholarship, for BSNs who have been accepted into a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner program. Please contact Lisa Hout for more information on this scholarship – email@example.com or 240-964-8100.
- WMHS Auxiliary Scholarship Application (Application closed)