Applications are now being accepted for the WMHS Foundation Scholarships, through May 27, 2022. Full applications with attachments must be postmarked by 5:00 PM or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on Friday, May 27, 2022. Click on the application links below for a full list of required attachments. Applications are also being accepted year round for the Kim & Marion Leonard Mindfulness Health Care Scholarship.
To learn more about each scholarship fund and its requirements, click on our brochure.
“Our scholarship programs demonstrate the Foundation’s commitment to ensuring quality healthcare services for our community,” says Karen Johnson, chief development officer for UPMC Western Maryland. “Since the inception of the scholarship program in 2001, our students have received more than one million dollars in scholarship support. Ultimately, the return on investment these scholars bring to our system advances our quality of care as it advances their professional careers.”
The following scholarships are available through the WMHS Foundation and WMHS Auxiliary:
- Sophia E. Powell Nursing Scholarship offers a generous $20,000 award to the selected applicant, over a two-year period. Scholarship applications will be received from April 26, 2022 through July 1, 2022 for those who hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) and have been accepted into an accredited CRNP program.
- Nancy D. Adams Nursing Leadership Scholarship – available to employees in their junior year or above, seeking a BS or higher in Nursing or Business Administration.
- WMHS Auxiliary Scholarship Application – Now Closed
- Nursing Excellence Scholarship – available to UPMC Western Maryland employees accepted into a registered nursing program, who are not currently working as an RN or CNA.
- Community Healthcare Scholarship – available to anyone in the UPMC Western Maryland service area accepted or enrolled in a healthcare curriculum.
- Medical Staff Scholarship – funded by UPMC Western Maryland medical staff and available to employees currently working in an ancillary position, seeking a degree to provide direct patient care.
- Employee Family Scholarship – available to UPMC Western Maryland employees, retirees, and their immediate family members who are currently accepted or enrolled in a healthcare curriculum.
- Kim and Marion Leonard Mindfulness Health Care Scholarship
For additional information about these scholarships, contact the WMHS Foundation at 240-964-8061 or email Amanda Morris at email@example.com.