The main entrances to the hospital are closed between the hours of 8:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. During this time, all visitors must enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance and check in with the Security staff. Required information needed at check-in includes: name, date, time, room location, a reason for visiting after hours, and a photo identification (i.e. driver’s license). All visitors will be issued a Visitor Wristband valid for the issue date only.
Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to continue to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff.
- The number of visitors is dependent on the patient’s needs and comfort. The number of visitors may be restricted based on the patient’s needs at the discretion of the nursing staff.
- In the Perinatal Unit, only four visitors at a time are permitted.
- Children under the age of 12 are welcome to visit but must be accompanied by an adult, other than the patient, at all times. In the Postpartum and Labor & Delivery units, only siblings of the new baby may visit.
- Arrangements for overnight stays must be coordinated with the charge nurse on the unit in advance.
- Visitors with cold symptoms or gastrointestinal flu symptoms are encouraged not to visit.
- Visitors should wash their hands before and after their visit.
- Visitors may be asked to step out of the room for brief periods so that the staff can provide the patient with care.
Vendor representatives must check in at the hospital’s Business Center, which is located in the main lobby next to the Security Office to sign-in and attain a badge. The sign-in system will require listing with whom they have an appointment, the location, and the nature of the business. The badges must be displayed at all time while at WHMS.
12500 Willowbrook Road
Cumberland, MD 12502