Welcome to UPMC Western Maryland
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING UPMC Western Maryland. WE ARE PLEASED TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR CARE AND LOOK FORWARD TO PARTNERING WITH YOU TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING.
— Michele R. Martz, President
Learn more about UPMC Western Maryland:
UPMC is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of communities in Allegany County. Working with community partners and engaging system-wide resources, UPMC hospitals are making measurable progress to address community health needs. Every three years, UPMC hospitals conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA). To review the assessments and to learn how the hospitals are addressing important community health needs, click here.
In addition, UPMC Western Maryland partners with the Allegany County Health Department (ACHD) to co-chair the Allegany County Health Planning Coalition and lead a community health needs assessment process through the Local Health Action Plan (LHAP) Workgroup. Over the years, various community stakeholders have partnered to improve the health of our community. Through the assessment and planning process the Coalition creates a unified plan to collectively address the community needs that impact health.
The Allegany Health Planning Coalition’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Local Health Action Plan (LHAP) are available at www.alleganyhealthplanningcoalition.com.
More information is available by calling UPMC Community Health and Wellness at 240-964-8422 or the Allegany County Health Department at 301-759-5000.
To serve our community by providing outstanding patient care and to shape tomorrow’s health system through clinical and technological innovation, research, and education.
UPMC Western Maryland Vision
UPMC will lead the transformation of health care. The UPMC model will be nationally recognized for redefining health care by:
- Putting our patients, health plan members, employees, and community at the center of everything we do and creating a model that ensures that every patient gets the right care, in the right way, at the right time, every time.
- Harnessing our integrated capabilities to deliver both superb state-of-the-art care to our patients and high value to our stakeholders.
- Employing our partnership with the University of Pittsburgh to advance the understanding of disease, its prevention, treatment, and cure.
- Serving the underserved and disadvantaged and advancing excellence and innovation throughout health care.
- Fueling the development of new businesses globally that are consistent with our mission as an ongoing catalyst and driver of economic development for the benefit of the residents of the region.
UPMC Western Maryland Values
We create a safe environment where quality is our guiding principle.
We treat all individuals with dignity and respect.
We listen to and care for our patients, our health plan members, our fellow employees, our physicians, and our community.
We perform our work with the highest levels of responsibility and integrity.
We think creatively and build excellence into everything that we do.