If you are interested in sharing your time and your unique talents, we welcome your contributions! The Western Maryland Health System relies on volunteers as a vital part of the ongoing care we provide. There are many opportunities to get involved at one of our locations and we have something for almost everyone. Volunteering is mutually beneficial for the health system, the volunteer, and the community.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Western Maryland Health System offers a wide variety of rewarding volunteer opportunities for folks of all ages. Volunteering is a great way to be of service to your community and to make new friends as well.
- Hospital Volunteers
- Teen Volunteer Program
- Family Volunteering Opportunity
- Hospice Volunteers
- WMHS Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Volunteer Patient Advocate Opportunities
New Volunteer Orientation is provided via this website to allow new volunteers to readily have access to information necessary for meeting orientation requirements for placement. This orientation must be completed prior to the first day of your placement.
Please read and complete the following to be considered for a volunteer position at WMHS.
- Orientation Post Test or Teen Orientation Post Test
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Health Appraisal
- Adult Volunteer Agreement
- Orientation Checklist
If you are under the age of 18, please complete the Federal Laws for Teens under 18 Years of Age.
If you are under the age of 18, please print this Parent Consent Form, have a parent or guardian sign it, and return it to the Volunteer Office.
- Complete Immunization Record/History with dates of disease, vaccine or titer. If you are able to obtain a copy of your immunization record, please attach it to this form.
- Employee Health will administer the two step PPD skin test. When you have completed this form and your physician has signed it, please contact Employee Health at 240-964-8210 for an appointment. If your physician requires that one PPD be done before he/she signs the form, you may go to a local clinic to have that done. Employee Health will need documentation of this PPD if done at a clinic. Employee Health will administer the second PPD.
For more information on volunteering at WMHS, please call 240-964-8499.