See below for a list of physician opportunities at Western Maryland Health System.
An immediate need for the following medical specialties exists:
Non-Invasive Cardiologist and Interventional Cardiologist
WMHS is seeking a BC/BE Non-Invasive Cardiologist and an Interventional Cardiologist to join our excellent team of cardiologists. The Western Maryland Health System Heart Institute offers comprehensive invasive and non-invasive services. The Division of Cardiology and Heart Care Institute support a comprehensive program of services in cardiac imaging, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology and cardiovascular surgery.
- Employed Cardiologist with competitive compensation and benefits with hospital employment, including malpractice insurance, CME compensation, and incentive opportunities
WMHS is seeking candidates to join an employed Gastroenterologist practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.
- Comprehensive GI Suite with 5 GI procedure rooms, 8 pre and post-op rooms, 4 scope washers
- Excellent nursing support, as well as sub-specialty and administrative support
- Onsite medical office suite
WMHS is seeking a Family Medicine physician to join another physician in a well-established practice.
- Outpatient only, Monday – Friday, no weekends
- Excellent Compensation, benefits, loan repayment
WMHS is seeking Neuro Hospitalist candidates to join an employed Neurology practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. We are a primary Stroke Center and accredited comprehensive inpatient rehab unit with an interdisciplinary team approach to care. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.
- Tertiary referral center, including trauma, Cancer Center & Open Heart
- Excellent nursing support, as well as a subspecialty and administrative support
- 7 on 7 off/ no weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
WMHS is seeking an OB/GYN to join an established group practice. State-of-the-art 211-bed hospital with OB/GYN office in new medical office building. Competitive guaranteed salary and benefits. Call 1:4.
- Call coverage by experienced physicians
- 2 C-Section ORs on L&D with established nursing support
- Neonatology coverage 24/7. 1,100 deliveries annually
Palliative Care Physician
WMHS is currently seeking a full-time Physician for Palliative Care, and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Providing Inpatient consultation services, as well as outpatient consultation and clinic
- Serving in the role as a consultant, facilitate patient and family goals of care, consult with the attending physician and the Interdisciplinary Team to establish written plans of care at intervals specified in the plan, and facilitate access to appropriate care services.
- Educating staff and co-workers on hospice and palliative care
- Serving as teacher and supervisor of trainees at various levels
- Participation in the bereavement program
- Development of standards of care in the inpatient and outpatient clinical settings
WMHS is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join the team, and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment
WMHS is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support
- 24/7 Tele-ICU program
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent subspecialty and administrative support
WMHS Physician Services Representative
Western Maryland Health System offers a Physician Services Representative who can help match you to the right position at WMHS, show you around the hospital campus, and introduce you to the Cumberland community.