See below for a list of physician opportunities at Western Maryland Health System.
An immediate need for the following medical specialties exists:
Provide inpatient/outpatient care and consultations to members of the medical staff pertaining to the diagnosis and management of patients with:
- Diseases of the kidney and hypertension, including specialized diagnostic/interventional procedures, all modalities of dialysis management and expertise in kidney transplant management, review the patient’s medical history, perform physical exams
- Prescribe appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests; perform kidney biopsy and emergent hemodialysis access based on the needs of the patient
- Make appropriate medical management prescriptions to address unique complexities of kidney care such as hypertension, immunosuppression, bone and mineral metabolism, anemia, and hyperlipidemia
- Relocation assistance
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- CME reimbursement
OB/GYN to join an established group practice.
- Office in new medical office building
- 24/7 Neonatology coverage, 1100 deliveries annually
- Call coverage by experienced physicians
- Competitive guaranteed salary and benefits
- CME and professional dues, fees, 401K + match
- 2 C-Section ORs on L&D with established nursing support
Primary Care Physician
Location: McHenry, MD, located in Garrett County, Maryland on the northern most shore of Deep Creek Lake. Located on the outskirts of McHenry are the Garrett County Airport, Wisp Ski Resort, and Golf Club at Wisp.
The provider will be responsible for the provision of a full range of primary care patient services, without obstetrics, consistent with the Scope of Practice allowed by the State of Maryland and must encompass a patient centered mindset with a commitment to high quality of care.
- 4 day work week (four 10-hour shifts)
- 18-24 patients per day
- 1:4 call (phone only)
WMHS is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join the team, and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment
WMHS is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support
- 24/7 Tele-ICU program
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent sub-specialty and administrative support
Western Maryland Health System is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making.
- The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.
- Comprehensive ICU with excellent nursing support
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent subspecialty and administrative support
- Competitive compensation and benefits, hospital-employed
- Safe, welcoming community nestled in the mountains of Maryland/Potomac Highlands of West Virginia – Only 2 hours to major metro areas.
WMHS Physician Services Representative
Western Maryland Health System offers a Physician Services Representative who can help match you to the right position at WMHS, show you around the hospital campus, and introduce you to the Cumberland community.