See below for a list of physician opportunities at Western Maryland Health System.
An immediate need for the following medical specialties exists:
WMHS is seeking a Family Medicine physician to join another physician in a well-established practice.
- Outpatient only, Monday – Friday, no weekends
- Excellent Compensation, benefits, loan repayment
WMHS is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join the team, and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment
WMHS is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support
- 24/7 Tele-ICU program
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent sub-specialty and administrative support
Psychiatrist – Full-time
BC/BE Psychiatrist to join two other physicians in a general adult hospital-employed practice.
Excellent behavioral health clinic and new state of art inpatient facility. Multidisciplinary team approach, including nursing, social workers and clinical coordinators.
Call 1:4, excellent salary and benefits with bonus opportunity. Emergency Department is staffed with crisis counselors.
OB/GYN Hospitalist to join WMHS Women’s Health Team of two physicians, four advance practice professionals and two midwives.
- 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
- 24/7 Neonatology coverage, 950 deliveries annually
- 24/7 dedicated OB anesthesia coverage
- Hospital-employed with competitive market salary, productivity bonus, opportunity to pick up more shifts
- CME and professional dues, fees, 401K + match
- 2 C-Section ORs on L&D with established nursing support
Primary Care Physician
Location: McHenry, MD, located in Garrett County, Maryland on the northern most shore of Deep Creek Lake. Located on the outskirts of McHenry are the Garrett County Airport, Wisp Ski Resort, and Golf Club at Wisp.
The provider will be responsible for the provision of a full range of primary care patient services, without obstetrics, consistent with the Scope of Practice allowed by the State of Maryland and must encompass a patient centered mindset with a commitment to high quality of care.
- 4 day work week (four 10-hour shifts)
- 18-24 patients per day
- 1:4 call (phone only)
WMHS Physician Services Representative
Western Maryland Health System offers a Physician Services Representative who can help match you to the right position at WMHS, show you around the hospital campus, and introduce you to the Cumberland community.