See below for a list of physician opportunities at Western Maryland Health System.
An immediate need for the following medical specialties exists:
Non-Invasive Cardiologist and Interventional Cardiologist
WMHS is seeking a BC/BE Non-Invasive Cardiologist and an Interventional Cardiologist to join our excellent team of cardiologists. The Western Maryland Health System Heart Institute offers comprehensive invasive and non-invasive services. The Division of Cardiology and Heart Care Institute support a comprehensive program of services in cardiac imaging, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology and cardiovascular surgery.
- Employed Cardiologist with competitive compensation and benefits with hospital employment, including malpractice insurance, CME compensation, and incentive opportunities
WMHS is seeking a Family Medicine physician to join another physician in a well-established practice.
- Outpatient only, Monday – Friday, no weekends
- Excellent Compensation, benefits, loan repayment
Physician Assistant – Cardiothoracic Surgery
Western Maryland Health System, located in Cumberland, Maryland is currently seeking an additional full-time Physician Assistant to join our team. Recognized by Health grades as one of America’s 50 Best™ hospitals for Cardiac Surgery, we do over 200 cases a year.
Position will be responsible for promoting and maintaining health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Duties of a Physician Assistant
- Contributes to physicians effectiveness in O.R. by performing vein harvesting and first assisting in cardiac cases; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic test, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patients care services by charting in patient and department records
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical Skills
- Informing others
- Medical teamwork
- Physiological knowledge
- Administering medication
We offer a competitive compensation salary package, along with a retirement plan, medical and life insurance programs.
WMHS is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join the team, and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment
Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry
Western Maryland Health System is seeking a Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner for a full-time, employed position in our 275-bed state-of-the art hospital.
Join our multi-disciplinary treatment team of 2 full-time psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioner, a psychologist, nurses, social workers and counselors in a practice committed to service excellence.
Opportunities for practice in inpatient, outpatient and medical floors for adult and geriatric population
Competitive compensation and benefits with hospital employment, including malpractice insurance, CME compensation and incentive opportunities.
Safe, welcoming community nestled in the mountains of Maryland with easy access to major metropolitan areas
WMHS is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support
- 24/7 Tele-ICU program
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent subspecialty and administrative support
WMHS Physician Services Representative
Western Maryland Health System offers a Physician Services Representative who can help match you to the right position at WMHS, show you around the hospital campus, and introduce you to the Cumberland community.