UPMC Western Maryland provides health care services for residents in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland and surrounding counties in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. We are a leader in quality, safety and customer service in Western Maryland, dedicated to providing patient-centered care and improving the health and well-being of people in the communities we serve.
Enjoy the four seasons of Western Maryland where the scenic beauty, history and outdoor adventure blend with small-town friendliness. The city has several bike trails, parks, theatres, galleries and boutiques to peruse year-round. From the scenic beauty of the Appalachian Mountains to the educational opportunities of Allegany College and Frostburg State University, Western Maryland has opportunities and entertainment for all ages. Candidates will also enjoy a productive work-life balance in this friendly community.
An immediate need for the following medical specialties exists:
Pulmonary Critical Care Medical Director
Seeking a board-certified Pulmonary Critical Care physician to serve as the Pulmonary Critical Care Medical Director for UPMC Western Maryland located in Cumberland, Maryland. This is a full-time position. BE or BC.
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support
- 24/7 Tele-ICU program
- Onsite medical office suite
- Excellent subspecialty and administrative support
Western Maryland Health System is currently seeking a full-time Endocrinologist, board-eligible or board-certified.
Responsibilities include providing inpatient consultation services, as well as outpatient consultation and clinic. Candidates will serve in the role as consultant, facilitate patient and family goals of care, consult with the attending physician and the interdisciplinary team to establish written plans of care at intervals specified in the plan, and facilitate access to appropriate care services. Diabetes Management is located on campus in the Center for Clinical Resources. There is excellent Pathology and Radiology support and the opportunity for full spectrum Endocrinology.
Pulmonary Critical Care Physician
UPMC Western Maryland is seeking candidates to join an employed Pulmonary Critical Care practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making.
- The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.
- Comprehensive ICU with Excellent Nursing Support.
- Onsite medical office suite.
- Excellent subspecialty and administrative support.
UPMC Western Maryland is seeking an Interventional Cardiologist to join our excellent team of cardiologists. UPMC Western Maryland’s Heart Institute offers invasive and non-invasive services. The Division of Cardiology and Heart Care Institute support a comprehensive program of services in cardiac imaging, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology and cardiovascular surgery. Employed Cardiologist with competitive compensation and benefits with hospital employment, including malpractice insurance, CME compensation and incentive opportunities.
UPMC Western Maryland is seeking a full-time psychiatrist. Candidates will examine, evaluate, diagnose and treats psychiatric disorders and/or patients with a chemical dependency. Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques. Diagnoses psychiatric disorders and prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures. Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases and advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders. Serves as psychiatric consultant to UPMC Western Maryland and as part of the clinical team, functions in contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment.
UPMC Western Maryland is seeking a gastroenterologist to join a full practice of 3 physicians and 1 Nurse Practitioner.
Candidates can expect:
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience/training
• Enhanced compensation package includes: Productivity incentive o Sign on bonus o Paid time off, CME days, and CME stipend
• Paid occurrence-based malpractice insurance
• Robust retirement plans
• Customary and reasonable moving expenses
• Flexible scheduling for work-life balance
Psychiatry Medical Director
UPMC Western Maryland is seeking a medical director to join our team of two physicians and 3 advanced practice professionals. The Medical Director will be responsible for ensuring the quality of hospital-based psychiatric services, including inpatient and partial hospitalization programs. This role will be a combination of both administrative and clinical work. The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise managing acute psychiatry care services, will be sensitive to the needs of hospital medical staff, and will have the ability to focus on both quality care and continuity of care
We are seeking a BE/BC Neurologist to join an employed Neurology practice in a community hospital setting. We are dedicated to providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and consensus decision-making. We are a primary Stroke Center and accredited compressive inpatient rehab unit with an interdisciplinary team approach to care. The call is 1:4 with a competitive salary plus incentives, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.