UPMC Western Maryland offers COVID-19 vaccination seven days a week, third doses for the immunocompromised
CUMBERLAND, MD, August 17, 2021 – In an effort to bring COVID-19 vaccines to where people are and in locations where community members feel comfortable, UPMC Western Maryland is now offering third vaccine doses to eligible individuals at our existing community vaccination clinics in Allegany County.
The CDC is recommending that the moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. Community members who think they qualify are encouraged to consult their primary care provider to determine if they should receive a third dose and sign up for an appointment by calling or walking in to an urgent or primary care location.
Per CDC guidelines, at this time, third doses are only permitted for those who received a mRNA vaccine (Pfizer and Moderna); those who had the one-shot J&J vaccine are not eligible. An eligible individual’s third dose must utilize the same vaccine as the previous two and be at least 28 days after the second dose.
COVID-19 vaccines continue to be available seven days a week at several UPMC Western Maryland urgent and primary care locations. Appointments are encouraged at the phone numbers below, but walk-ins are welcome.
Urgent care locations offering the vaccine seven days a week from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. include:
- Advanced Medical Care, 1050 Industrial Boulevard, Cumberland, 240-964-9300
- UPMC Outpatient Center, Frostburg Plaza, 10701 New Georges Creek Road, Frostburg, 301-689-3229
- UPMC Urgent Care, 23789 Garrett Highway, McHenry, 240-488-4139
Primary care locations offering the vaccine Monday – Friday (hours vary, please call ahead) :
- UPMC Western Maryland Primary Care Center at the Medical Arts Center at UPMC Western Maryland, 12502 Willowbrook Road, Suite 680, Cumberland, 240-964-8921
- UPMC Western Maryland Primary Care Center at LaVale Plaza, 1313 National Highway, LaVale, 240-362-0288
- Dr. Sunil Gupta in the Johnson Heights Medical Building, 625 Kent Avenue, Cumberland, 301-724-7117
For the latest information on COVID-19 vaccinations at UPMC Western Maryland, please visit UPMCWesternMaryland.com.