Breastfeeding Services at UPMC Western Maryland
All services are open to any parent, whether they’ve given birth at UPMC or another hospital or birthing center.
Our LCs at UPMC Western Maryland:
- Offer support, encouragement, and help for parents in feeding their new babies.
- Can teach you basic breastfeeding skills to increase your confidence.
- Are licensed registered nurses and international board-certified lactation consultants (IBCLC).
We work with parents in three ways:
- Breastfeeding classes before birth. Before birth, we offer classes to help prepare parents for breastfeeding. We answer questions and address any concerns.
- Visits at the bedside after giving birth. We visit with parents while they’re still in the hospital postpartum. We can offer hands-on help with latch and positioning. Or just answer questions and give advice.
- Help once you’ve left the hospital. We offer follow-up visits as needed. Mothers looking for more help after birth can also come to the prenatal classes.
Contact Breastfeeding Services at UPMC Western Maryland
Call us at 240-964-6417.
12500 Willowbrook Rd.
6 South-Postpartum Unit
Cumberland, MD 21502