21st Annual WMHS Golf Classic
The results are in! The Western Maryland Health System Foundation announces the winners of the 21st Annual WMHS Golf Classic. The 57 team, a two-course tournament was held Friday, September 15, at the Omni Bedford Springs Old Course and the Cumberland Country Club. The event highlight was a hole in one at each course. Aaron Stevens hit on #18 at Cumberland, winning a $10,000 cash prize, sponsored by Marshfield Associates and a set of Callaway golf clubs, sponsored by TravelWorld. In Bedford, Tink Moats hit a hole in one on #10, winning round-trip air tickets for two, also sponsored by Marshfield Associates. Winning teams and individuals follow:
At Bedford Springs
- Gross Champion, 51, by PharmaCare #2 Team of Brian Appel, Slug Armstrong, George Young and Marc Zanger, who had 15 birdies and 3 eagles
- 2nd Place Gross, 58, by card-off: Medline team of John Gordon, Aaron Crilly, Mark Morgan and Don Reams
- 3rd Place Gross, 58, by Wells Fargo team of John Whitmore, Mike Feaster, Steven Stroup and Dave Wertz
- 4th Place Gross, 59, by Moran Coal team of Eric Johnson, Bob Marendt, Dave Marple and Neal Brayton
- Net champion, 47, by Abbott team of Jim Sandella, Bob Allen, Ted Mertz and Randy Bair
- 2nd Place Net, 50, by First United team of Travis Bohrer, Dan Sheehe, Craig Pancake and Phil Rodeheaver
- 3rd Place Net, 51, by Bennett, Brewer & Associates team #2 of Aaron Bennett, Slater Hafer, Chris Hovatter and Steve Sharpless
- Closest to the pin winners at Bedford Springs included Scott Lutton on #2, Charles Abernathy on #4, Tink Moats, hole in one, on #10, Ron Leach #14, and Kevin Yost on #17. Longest drive winner on #16 was Eric Johnson. Straightest drive winner on #13 was Brian Appel. George Young was the winner of the “Beat the Pro”
At Cumberland Country Club
- Gross Winner, 56, by Chessie Federal Credit Union team of Doc Daugherty, Kevin Robison, Aaron Stevens and Mike Tipton
- 2nd Place Gross, 59, by Western Maryland Distributing team of Joe Marsh, Brent Flesher, Murray Gornall and Dr. Chip Harvey
- 3rd Place Gross, 60, by R.H. Lapp & Sons team of Jim Donahue, George Lapp, Bryan Marker and John Smyth
- Net champion, 53, Potomac Highlands Pathology Associates team of Ed Golden, John Sensabaugh, Roger Shanholtz and Dr. Noel Thompson
- 2nd Place Net, 54, Document Solutions team, with a team of Sean Franklin, Terry Snider, Donnie Strain and Greg Turner
- 3rd Place Net, 55, Harbel, Inc. team of Jared Burkett, Mark Farris, Dave Madden and Mike Thompson
- Closest to the pin winners at the Cumberland Country Club included Adam Sterne on #1, Ed Lease on #6, Jim Donahue on #10, Aaron Stevens on #12, Doc Daugherty on #15 and Aaron Stevens, hole in one, on #18. Longest drive winner on #8 was Aaron Stevens. Straightest drive winner on #14 was Ed Lease
Proceeds from the event directly benefit the WMHS Foundation’s Patient Assistance Fund, supporting necessities such as food, medicine, transportation and utility payments for patients in need. For more information regarding the WMHS Golf Classic and the Patient Assistance Fund, contact the WMHS Foundation at 240-964-8100.
Plus, we always enjoy our fun-filled dinner and auctions — silent and live — the night before! Guests can preview exclusive LIVE auction items before the event.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing relating symptoms, please visit your doctor or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.