Friends, family, coworkers, and even strangers will help you travel the distance to get the package delivered to your friend or loved one.
UPMC Western Maryland will send a care package to the first 100 people submitted, once we get enough reported miles from participants in the community covering the distance to each address. The Wellness care package will be filled with self-care tips and goodies to help during these challenging times.
Recipients will be asked to verify receipt with a postcard and we will announce the deliveries at www.wmhs.com/wellnessexpress/recipients/.
To submit a name or find out more details, call 240-964-8424.
Process and Rules:
- Submit the name and address of the person whom you would like to receive a package by calling Community Wellness at 240-964-8424. The person receiving the package must live in the United States.
- Community Wellness will calculate how many miles it takes to get from UPMC Western Maryland to the address of the person receiving the package.
- Anyone (friends, family, coworkers, etc.) can sign up and commit to walk, run, bike, swim, a specified number of miles or minutes to help get a package delivered. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-964-8424 with the number of miles/minutes committed and the recipient to whom they want their miles contributed.
- Once the mileage is reached for an individual, we will send the package.
- The package is a little “pick me up” to promote wellbeing and let someone know they are cared about during these challenging times.
- Recipients will be asked to verify receipt by returning a post card.
- An update on delivered packages and miles committed by our community will be posted.
- UPMC Western Maryland will send a care package to the first 100 people submitted.
- UPMC is not responsible for lost/stolen packages or any broken/damaged items.
- UPMC will not publish full names or full addresses of individuals receiving packages.