Community Health Workers Are Ready To Assist
How Can They Help?
- Assist you with scheduling appointments, getting referrals or arranging transportation to healthcare providers
- Connect you to community services that can help improve your health or make life a little easier
- Assist you in managing chronic health conditions, such as diabetes or heart disease
- Review the safety of your home and make a plan to keep you safe so you can remain at home
- Work with your primary care provider and other healthcare professionals to make a plan to improve your health
- Be your “coach” in leading a healthier lifestyle
A community health worker does not take the place of your doctor or other healthcare providers. Instead, a community health worker is another member of the team working to keep you safe and well.
How Does This Service Work?
This is a free service. A referral can be made by one of your healthcare providers or other agency. Once we get the referral, a community health worker will contact you to talk about your needs.
For more information about how a community health worker can assist you or a loved one, please call 240-964-8230.