The Home Health Team
- Home health aides
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Medical social workers
- Respiratory therapists
- Skilled nursing care, including wound care
- Intravenous therapy for nutrition and antibiotics
- Personal care
- Physical therapy
- Speech pathology
- Medical social services
Who is Eligible for Home Health?
You do not need to be hospitalized prior to your request for home health services. Personal care is available only if you require periodic skilled intermittent care. Home Health services are available if you:
- Are referred by your physician
- Are under the care of a physician
- Are homebound
- Are in need of short-term, intermittent skilled nursing care
- Live in Allegany County or in specific areas in Garrett County, Maryland
- Have an individual who will act as your primary caregiver at home
Most home health services are covered by insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. For more information, or to request home health services, call 240-964-9100.
Congratulations to our WMHS Home Health team for receiving its recertification from the State of Maryland’s Office of Health Care Quality (OHQC), the agency within the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene responsible for monitoring the quality of care in the state’s 8,000 health care and community residential programs. Our WMHS team, led by Director Pam Ackerman, accomplished an unheard of “deficiency-free” state survey.