Why Choose Us?
WMHS has a laboratory or radiology professional available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. The team rotates on-call duties to ensure that someone can respond to diagnostic testing questions at any hour. WMHS also maintains a staff of board-certified pathologists and radiologists, available 24 hours a day, who can immediately interpret test results and consult with your referring doctor.
WMHS performs most diagnostic testing in-house, meaning test results are available more quickly. In most situations, same-day results for radiology exams performed Monday through Friday are available.
In order to provide superior care to you and your family, our diagnostic services extend beyond the normal business hours of Monday through Friday. In addition to being available around the clock, we provide enhanced coordination of care, timely results, and a commitment to quality care.
Available Around the Clock
- Our experienced radiology and laboratory professionals are either on site or on call to respond to your need for diagnostic testing every hour of every day
- Our board-certified radiologists and pathologists are available 24/7 to interpret your results or consult with your physician
- Your results become part of your electronic medical record, giving your primary care physician and other specialists involved with your care quick and easy access to your medical information
- Your previous lab and radiology results are available immediately should you need emergency care at WMHS, saving valuable time when minutes matter
- Virtually all lab testing is performed at WMHS, which provides your physician with quicker results since your specimen doesn’t leave town for processing
- Digital technology provides your physician with almost immediate access to your images
- Same-day results for most radiology exams done Monday through Friday can be made available to you after a short wait
- Radiologists are available to speak with you if you have any questions about your exam
Safety and Comfort
- We use state-of-the-art equipment for both lab and radiology testing at all locations
- Our Lab and Radiology services are fully accredited
- CinemaVision is available for MRI patients—you can watch a movie or TV show during your exam to make you feel more at ease