- 2007–2011: M.D., University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
- 2017–2019: Fellowship in Endourology and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2012–2017: Urology Residency, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2011–2012: General Surgery Internship, Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2020–Present: Urologist, Urology Associates, Cumberland, Maryland
- 2017–2020: Assistant Professor of Urology, Oncology, Pathology, Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- 2020–Present: Member, Focal Therapy Society
- 2019–Present: Associate Member, American Urological Association
- 2017–Present: Member, Endourology Society
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2018: 3rd Place, Early-Career Investigators Showcase at the American Urological Association 2018 Annual Meeting
- 2018: William F. Rienhoff, Jr., M.D. Scholar Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 2017: House Staff Council Resident Appreciation Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Outstanding Minimally Invasive Surgery Resident Award, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 2016: Frank L. Coulson Jr. Resident Clinical Excellence Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 2016: Best Paper Award, 31st Annual Meeting of the Engineering & Urology Society
- 2016: Resident Research Award, Annual Residency Retreat, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 2015: Best Clinical Research Poster, 2015 Scientific Session of the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland
- 2015: Best Paper Award, Department of Urology Academic Session at the 2015 Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association Biennial Meeting
- 2015: Best Poster Award, 16th Annual Meeting of the Society of Urologic Oncology
- 2011: Department of Medical Education Unsung Hero Award, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- 2010: Drs. Carl and Barbara Alving Endowed Award for Outstanding Biomedical Research, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- 2010: Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) Honor Medical Society, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- 2009: Iron Arrow Honor Society, University of Miami
- 2008: American Cancer Society Summer Research Fellowship, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Gorin MA, Allaf ME, ed. Diagnosis and Surgical Management of Renal Tumors. 1st Edition. Springer International Publishing. 2019: 1-311.
- Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Suprarenal (Adrenal) Gland In Standring S ed. Gray’s Anatomy: The Anatomical Basis of Clinical Practice. 42nd Edition. Elsevier; in press.
- Gorin MA, Rowe SP. Genitourinary Tract Imaging: Basic Principles of Nuclear Medicine In Partin AW, Dmochowski RR, Kavoussi LR, Peters CA, ed. Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology. 12th Edition. Elsevier; 2020: 91-100.
- Liu JL, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Adjuvant Therapy for High-Risk Renal Cell Carcinoma In Gorin MA, Allaf ME, ed. Diagnosis and Surgical Management of Renal Tumors. 1st Edition. Springer International Publishing. 2019: 263-269.
- Rowe SP, Yin Y, Gorin MA. Imaging Renal Tumors. In Gorin MA, Allaf ME, ed. Diagnosis and Surgical Management of Renal Tumors. 1st Edition. Springer International Publishing. 2019: 55-69.
- Meyer AR, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Epidemiology and Risk Factors for Renal Cell Carcinoma. In Gorin MA, Allaf ME, ed. Diagnosis and Surgical Management of Renal Tumors. 1st Edition. Springer International Publishing. 2019: 1-11.
- Pavlovich CP, Gorin MA, Pierorazio PM, Mullins JK. Pelvic Lymphadenectomy for Prostate & Bladder Cancer. In: Patel HRH, Mould T, Joseph JV, Delaney CP, ed. Pelvic Cancer Surgery: Modern Breakthroughs & Future Advances. 1st Edition. Springer. 2015: 69-78.
- Gorin MA, Bivalacqua TJ. Prostate Cancer, Very Low Risk and Active Surveillance. In: Gomella LG, ed. The 5-Minute Urology Consult. 3rd Edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2015: 342-343.
- Lebastchi AH, George AK, Polascik TJ, Coleman J, de la Rosette J, Turkbey B, Wood BJ, Gorin MA, Sidana A, Ghai S, Tay KJ, Ward JF, Sanchez-Salas R, Muller BG, Malavaud B, Mozer P, Crouzet S, Choyke PL, Ukimura O, Rastinehad AR, Pinto PA. Standardized nomenclature and surveillance methodologies after focal therapy and partial gland ablation for localized prostate cancer: an international multidisciplinary consensus. Eur Urol; in press.
- Gorin MA, Meyer AR, Zimmerman M, Harb R, Joice GA, Schwen ZR, Allaf ME. Transperineal prostate biopsy with cognitive magnetic resonance imaging/biplanar ultrasound fusion: description of technique and early results. World J Urol; in press.
- Connor MJ, Gorin MA, Ahmed HU, Nigam R. Focal therapy for localized prostate cancer in the era of routine multi-parametric MRI. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2020; 23(2): 232-243.
- Mamawala MK, Meyer AR, Landis PK, Macura KJ, Epstein JI, Partin AW, Carter BH, Gorin MA. Utility of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging in the risk stratification of men with Grade Group 1 prostate cancer on active surveillance. BJU Int 2020; 125(6): 861-866
- Grummet J, Gorin MA, Popert R, O’Brien T, Lamb AD, Hadaschik B, Radtke JP, Wagenlehner F, Baco E, Moore CM, Emberton M, George AK, Davis JW, Szabo RJ, Buckley R, Loblaw A, Allaway M, Kastner C, Briers E, Royce PL, Frydenberg M, Murphy DG, Woo HH. “TREXIT 2020”: why the time to abandon transrectal prostate biopsy starts now. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2020; 23(1): 62-65.
- Tosoian JJ, Mamawala M, Epstein JI, Landis P, Macura KJ, Simopoulos DN, Carter HB, Gorin MA. Active surveillance of grade group 1 prostate cancer: long-term outcomes from a large prospective cohort. Eur Urol 2020; 77(6): 675-682.
- Rowe SP, Campbell SP, Mana-Ay M, Szabo Z, Allaf ME, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Ross AE, Gorin MA. Prospective Evaluation of PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT in men with biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer. J Nucl Med 2020; 61(1): 58-61.
- Gross MD, Sedrakyan A, Bianco FJ, Carroll PR, Daskivich TJ, Eggener SE, Ehdaie B, Fisher B, Gorin MA, Hunt B, Jiang H, Klein EA, Marinac-Dabic D, Montgomery JS, Polascik TJ, Priester AM, Rastinehad AR, Viviano CJ, Wysock JS, Hu JC. SPARED collaboration: patient selection for partial gland ablation in men with localized prostate cancer. J Urol 2019; 202(5): 952-958.
- Meyer AR, Carducci MA, Denmeade SR, Markowski MC, Pomper MG, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME, Rowe SP, Gorin MA. Improved identification of patients with oligometastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma with PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT. Ann Nucl Med 2019; 33(8): 617-623.
- Zimmerman ME, Meyer AR, Carter HB, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. In-office transperineal prostate biopsy using biplanar ultrasound guidance: a step-by-step guide. Urology 2019; 133: 247.
- Meyer AR, Joice GA, Schwen ZR, Partin AW, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Initial Experience Performing In-office ultrasound-guided transperineal prostate biopsy under local anesthesia using the PrecisionPoint Transperineal access system. Urology 2018; 115: 8-13.
- Rowe SP, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Gorin MA. PSMA-RADS Version 1.0: a step towards standardizing the interpretation and reporting of PSMA-targeted PET imaging studies. Eur Urol 2018; 73(4): 485-487.
- Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Patel HD, Vidal I, Mana-Ay M, Javadi MS, Solnes LB, Ross AE, Schaeffer EM, Bivalacqua TJ, Partin AW, Pienta KJ, Szabo Z, De Marzo AM, Pomper MG, Allaf ME. Prostate specific membrane antigen targeted 18F-DCFPyL positron emission tomography/computerized tomography for the preoperative staging of high risk prostate cancer: results of a prospective, phase II, single center study. J Urol 2018; 199(1): 126-132.
- Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Allaf ME. Noninvasive determination of renal tumor histology utilizing molecular imaging. Urol Oncol 2016; 34(12): 525-528.
- Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Baras AS, Solnes LB, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Pavlovich CP, Epstein JI, Javadi MS, Allaf ME. Prospective evaluation of 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the diagnosis of renal oncocytomas and hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors. Eur Urol 2016; 69(3): 413-6.
For a complete list of Dr. Gorin’s publications, please visit https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=gorin+ma
Phone Number: 301-724-0132
12234 Williams Road
Cumberland, MD, 21502