At UPMC Western Maryland, our team of providers, nurses, and support staff offer invasive and non-invasive procedures for patients diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases. We provide personalized treatment for patients who undergo open heart surgery or a cardiothoracic procedure.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Open heart surgery
- Cardiac catheterization and angioplasty
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Diagnostic cardiology
- Structural cardiology
- Heart failure clinic
Why Choose UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Western Maryland?
- UPMC Western Maryland was one of few hospitals nationwide to receive the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain – MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2021, which recognizes hospitals that successfully implement a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- Our award-winning open heart surgery program is the only one in Maryland that’s west of Baltimore.
- UPMC Western Maryland is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “High Performing Hospital” for congestive heart failure.
- Experts at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute specialize in minimally invasive procedures, allowing patients to have faster recoveries and shorter hospital stays.
- Open heart surgery patients stay in our state-of-the-art cardiovascular unit (CVU) from immediately after surgery to discharge. Private rooms and our highly trained cardiac care team ensure a safe, seamless recovery. Learn more.