Creating a Successful Post-Acute Care Strategy to Reduce Unnecessary Utilization
Hospital and health system boards should be aware of the deployment of the organization’s post-acute care strategies to reduce unnecessary utilization. These strategies can include:
- Creating partnerships across the care continuum to better address patient needs
- Understanding the social determinants of health that may be affecting the patients served by the hospital or health system
- Developing a strategy to address patient needs
- Learning from organizations already involved with reducing utilization to discover what established strategies can be applied at your hospital/health system
- Educating the community and other providers on what you will achieve through such strategies
To learn more about post-acute care to reduce unnecessary utilization, click here.