Feature of the Month
Western Maryland Health System
Community Health & Wellness
Access to Care
Since 2001, partners in the Workgroup on Access to Care have touched the lives of over 16,000 individuals, and the percentage of uninsured adults has decreased. This month we want to thank all the physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, counselors, office managers, dentists, health care providers and community agencies that have helped provide care and support for uninsured adults in our community.
Access to care means being able to obtain health services at the right time and place. Having a primary care provider (PCP) as the usual source of care is especially important. You can improve the quality of the care you and your family get, by playing an active role in your health care. Good communication with your primary care provider will increase the likelihood that you receive appropriate care. Speak up and ask questions at the doctor’s office (HP2020).
Live Longer, Live Better Free Health Check
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
WMHS-Vista Towers 217 Glenn Street, Suite 401
All services and information are free at this event.
• Blood Pressures, Pulse, Weight, Body Mass Index, Diabetic screening (HgA1c)
• Ask a Provider- Dr. Sadiq & Connie Morris, Nurse Practitioner available for questions
• Find out about the Center for Diabetes Management
• Help with finding a primary care home
• Health Risk Assessments: Depression, Diabetes, COPD, Heart Disease, and more
• Information about Health Care Reform & You
• Dental Care Options- Allegany Health Right
• Maryland Access Point
• Health & Wellness Coaching
• Walking Program with pedometers and monthly prize drawings
• Tobacco Cessation Options (Quitline)
• Medication Safety "Just Bring It”
For information, call 240-964-8424.