Living Well with Diabetes Program - Meets Monthly
A Fun and Interactive Program for Diabetes Self-Management
3rd Wednesday of Each Month
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Western Maryland Regional Medical Center
Education is the key to being empowered to manage your diabetes, avoid its complications, and achieve optimum health. This diabetes self-management training (DSMT) covers the many aspects of diabetes self-management and glycemic control. It’s an enjoyable day filled with practical information and tools you can use daily to make managing your diabetes easier.
Our team of registered dietitians, pharmacists, nurses and exercise physiologist will on hand to provide support and expertise. A family member or support person is welcome to attend the program.
Agenda: Here is an outline of the topics that will be covered in this one-day program.
- Understanding the diabetes process and treatment options
- Monitoring blood glucose and using your results
- Preventing, detecting and treating acute and chronic complications
- Developing personal strategies to address personal issues or concerns
Lori Johnson, RN, BSN, CRRN-Nurse Educator
- Incorporating nutritional management into your lifestyle
- Developing personal strategies for a healthy lifestyle
Jennifer Hoover, RD, LDN, Registered Dietitian
Healthy Lunch provided
- Incorporating physical activity into your lifestyle
Abby Brakeall, MS, Exercise Physiologist
- Using medications safely and for maximum therapeutic benefit
Julie Caler, Pharm D. or Kirk Jones, Pharm D., Clinical Pharmacists
Please note: This program is covered by most insurance plans. When calling for pre-authorization with your insurer, please use these codes for Diabetes Self-Management Training: G0109 – Diabetes Outpatient Self-Management training services, group session (2 or more) per 30 minutes.