Dr. Benjamin Named Recipient of Physician Service Excellence Award
Congratulations to Dr. James Benjamin, Radiologist, for being named the most recent recipient of the Physician Service Excellence Award. Dr. Benjamin received the award for the second quarter at the WMHS General Medical Staff meeting on June 6.
Medical Staff President Dr. Scott Watkins (left) presents the award to Dr. Benjamin, who sees patients at the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center, the Diagnostic Center, and the Outpatient Diagnostic Center at the WAC. He joined the medical staff in 1995 and is a member of the Allegany Imaging radiology practice at WMHS.
Some of the comments received by the staff who nominated Dr. Benjamin for the Physician Service Excellence Award include:
• He constantly looks for ways to better communicate with all areas in the department to make things run more smoothly.
• He is always respectful and understanding when issues arise and remains calm while assisting in problem solving.
• He is professional with patients, empathetic to their fears/concerns, and helps to make them feel comfortable and at ease.
• He always puts the patient first, taking time to explain procedures and what the patient should expect before, during, and after the exams.
• He is viewed as a leader and go-to-person for assistance which includes helping move, lift, and complete any hands on assistance with the patients.
• He is extremely well rounded, performing all of his duties with confidence and professionalism.
• He makes our day when we know that we are working with him as he has a cheerful disposition.
• He encouraged and supported the new "Same Day Results” process in Radiology that has received stellar reviews.
• He promotes a culture of Service Excellence at Western Maryland Health System.