Dr. Robert Flint Named Recipient of Physician Service Excellence Award
Congratulations to Dr. Robert D. Flint, Jr., Emergency Medicine physician, for being named the most recent recipient of the Physician Service Excellence Award. Dr. Flint received the award for the third quarter at the WMHS General Medical Staff meeting in late September and is the seventh recipient of the award.
Medical Staff President Dr. Scott Watkins (right) presents the award to Dr. Flint, who sees patients in the Emergency Department of the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Flint joined the medical staff in 2010 and serves as the chairman of Emergency Medicine at WMHS.
Some of the comments received by the staff who nominated Dr. Flint for the Physician Service Excellence Award include:
• He greets everyone with a handshake, eye contact and his full name.
• He led his Provider Team through challenging times.
• He works diligently to increase patient satisfaction and introduced a culture of excellence in his department.
• He has embodied a team work ethic that illustrates a positive example for every staff member.
• He addresses patient and employee issues with a kind, sincere, honest and calm demeanor.
• He has set the standard for everyone else to follow, he "walks the talk.”
• Through his current and continuing efforts he and the team are improving the provision of Emergency Medicine at Western Maryland Health System.