What Can a Registered Dietitian Do For You?
A registered dietitian (R.D.) can work with you to create a plan just for you and set you on the path to:
• Lower your cholesterol
• Manage your blood glucose levels
• Avoid or minimize complications of chronic disease
• Lose weight
• Eat healthier
In order to develop an individualized nutrition strategy for you, the dietitian will meet with you to learn about you and your lifestyle.
During your appointment, the dietitian will
• Discuss any concerns and answer any questions you might have
• Take a comprehensive look at your family’s eating patterns and food preferences
• Review your medical history and any specific issues or requirements
• Provide appropriate advice that can include
- Satisfying meal plans
- Ways to manage a specific condition
- Ideas for adapting family meals to make them more healthful
For more information, please call Theresa Stahl, RD, LDN, Clinical Dietitian Specialist/Outpatient Community Dietitian, at 240-964-8416.
WMHS Outpatient Nutrition Counseling
Willowbrook Office Complex
12501 Willowbrook Road
Cumberland, MD 21502